Rumble, young man, rumble

May 25, 1965. Muhammed Ali vs. Sonny Liston. One round. One punch. Knock-out. Float, Sting, Rumble

Name:
Location: Santa Cruz, California, United States

What can I say? I graduated from UC Santa Cruz (rather reluctantly. I really want to go back) with a bachlor's in Literature.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween

So, we're into the homestretch for the month of October, with November simply a hair's width away.

It's Halloween, so Happy Halloween. We have a cubicle decorating contest here at Synnex and several cubes have participated so it's kinda cool to see that kind of stuff up. I always got a kick outta people who participated in dorm decorating contests in college. (I think some people just used Halloween as an excuse to dress casual. However, it's not as many people as I expected.)

Anyway, Bush has nominated Judge Samuel Alito to become the next Supreme Court Justice. I say bah! Not surprisingly, Bush seems to be trying to take revenge on the American public for not allowing Miers by nominating Conservative favorite Alito instead of a moderate. Unlike Roberts and Miers, Alito has had a track record of being against abortion, even as a minority dissenting voice. Instead of avoiding the "third rail of politics" as he did with Roberts and Miers, Bush seems to be grabbing onto it whole-heartedly, even if he's going to electrocute the remaining braincells he has. (And that's it for that metaphor.) I hope the Senate fails to confirm him because Alito's presence on the Court could mean that Roe v. Wade gets overturned and we could be thrown 30 years into the past. BTW, this was EXACTELY what I was afraid of in the 2004 election. For all you people who said "Bush should be re-elected so he can clean up his own mess" I say LOOK WHAT YOU DID!

Is Mel Gibson starting to remind anybody else of Howard Hughes? Just a thought.
(Check out the picture at this article to see what brought up this thought.)


So, I know I'm behind on this but give me a break. I just installed Konfabulator on my work computer and I've been playing with the widgets. These are fabulous. Already, life is easier.

That's it for now. Hope everybody has a safe night... MUAHAHAHAHAHA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home