Rumble, young man, rumble

May 25, 1965. Muhammed Ali vs. Sonny Liston. One round. One punch. Knock-out. Float, Sting, Rumble

Name:
Location: Santa Cruz, California, United States

What can I say? I graduated from UC Santa Cruz (rather reluctantly. I really want to go back) with a bachlor's in Literature.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

NaNoWriMo (Sounds like something Flanders would say)

To all my fellow writers and writer-wannabes:
http://www.nanowrimo.org/
It is officially NaNoWriMo! What is NaNoWriMo? It is National Novel Writing Month. The goal is to spend the whole of November (from 1st to 30th) to produce a 50,000 word (175 paged) piece of work.

Here's the official who/what/where/when/why page, in case you're too lazy to find it on your own. =P
http://www.nanowrimo.org/modules/cjaycontent/index.php?id=2

I'm definitely going to sign up! Seriously, this is a good idea. Writing at this speed probably means you'll write a lot of crap. Still, writing's all about taking risks. It's these risks that help break writer's block. If you're going to hit a wall anyway, might as well run fullspeed into it. Sign up! Write 50,000 words! It may be crap but at least it'll be finished crap. See you all on the otherside on Nov. 30!

I'm thinking maybe a mystery-adventure novel for me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home