Rumble, young man, rumble

May 25, 1965. Muhammed Ali vs. Sonny Liston. One round. One punch. Knock-out. Float, Sting, Rumble

Name:
Location: Santa Cruz, California, United States

What can I say? I graduated from UC Santa Cruz (rather reluctantly. I really want to go back) with a bachlor's in Literature.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

News today

CNN.com's headlines seem more like a report of the apocalypse rather than the report for a Wednesday (although I may be mistaken. The Apocalypse may just fall on a Wednesday. I wouldn't be surprised). Take a gander. Right now, here are the headlines on the news site:
"Storms turn everyday items to toxic trash" (Danger is now everywhere. Fear. Fear. Fear.)
"Mosque blast kills 25" (Not even "God's home" is safe anymore.)
"Stan claims 99 lives" (Natural disasters or "Acts of God" devestate.)
"Researchers reconstruct killer 1918 virus" (As we repeat mistakes of our past,)
"Mystery illness claims 16 lives at nursing home" (And watch helplessly as people die.)
"Baby on the way for Cruise and Holmes" (And the Anti-Christ is born.)
It's like Revelations all of a sudden. *shudders* And we're caught up in the middle of all the mess. I hope tomorrow's better than today.

BTW - I don't know about all of you but I'm kinda opposed to Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes reproducing. Sure, the kids will look good but they'll probably be just a tad messed up in the head. (And be puppets to Scientology.)

http://www.wordspy.com

This may just be a Literature major tingle but I enjoy seeing the lexicon-ic growths in the English language. Wordspy.com is a website that defines some commonly used "buzzword" modern-era euphamisms/phrases/axioms. It's quite interesting. One of the words on it was "joy-to-stuff ratio"
http://www.wordspy.com/words/joy-to-stuffratio.asp
I think I may currently have a diminished joy-to-stuff ratio. It's not too bad though. Despite my time spent accumulating stuff, I still have plenty of time to enjoy my stuff and et al. So, I don't think I'm completely out of whack yet.

Gar. I have more work to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home