Rumble, young man, rumble

May 25, 1965. Muhammed Ali vs. Sonny Liston. One round. One punch. Knock-out. Float, Sting, Rumble

Name:
Location: Santa Cruz, California, United States

What can I say? I graduated from UC Santa Cruz (rather reluctantly. I really want to go back) with a bachlor's in Literature.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Thursday. Sucks too.

Thursday. It sucks as well. They just moved me into a different cubicle. I'm now kinda far away from the rest of the people in my group. Still, I suppose it's alright because I'm further from the boss now so I can slack more, I think.

Anyway, I was reading around and I found this post on Lifehack:

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifehack/on-ho%e2%80%98ohiki-keeping-your-promises.html

This is a good article, I think. It's important to own up to your mistakes and work on credibility. Otherwise, you'll just end up stuck in a field yelling "Wolf" all day with nobody to help you.

Also, Roberts has been confimed as the 17th Supreme Court Chief Justice. I'm not terribly opposed to it, I typed that in a previous entry. Still, I hold a little bit of fear behind, just in case he decides to go crazy and try and repeal every law that was put into the books by his predecessors. I doubt that'll happen though and so I'll try to be mostly optimistic.

http://technology.guardian.co.uk/businesssense/story/0,16568,1580208,00.html

In an earlier post, I wrote about the virtues of paper versus technology with the avent of the hipster and pocketmod. I always found that writing on a piece of paper is much more convenient than trying to figure out something digitally. The biggest problem, I think, is organization. It's much easier to become organized with papers. You have manilla folders, you put it into manilla folders. Heck, you can just put papers into different piles and its organized. As for technology, computers must be organized. Otherwise, you can never find things. Organizing on the computer is not really time consuming but it requires a must-sit-down-and-click-around attitude. It's hard to just sit down for five minutes on your computer and throw things in the appropriate folders, at least for me it is. So I think writing on little sheets of paper that you put in your pocket is actually better. Leon Ho, the editor of lifehack.org (it's the site from which the above link links to), agrees and wrote a column extolling the benefits of a paper companion rather than a digital one.

http://futureme.org/

Futureme.org is a website where you can write an email and have it sent to yourself later. It's meant to be sort of a time capsule of sorts, writing a letter than you read later. I think this is pretty cool. The only thing is that for people that constantly change email addresses, this might not work as well. (Just use GMail. Chances are you'll use that account for years.)

So that's it for now. Have fun, guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home