Rumble, young man, rumble

May 25, 1965. Muhammed Ali vs. Sonny Liston. One round. One punch. Knock-out. Float, Sting, Rumble

Name:
Location: Santa Cruz, California, United States

What can I say? I graduated from UC Santa Cruz (rather reluctantly. I really want to go back) with a bachlor's in Literature.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Wish it was Saturday (I'd say Friday but I still have to work on Friday)

Hump day. And not the good version either. I knew today was going to suck when I left the house this morning and there was traffic on JOHNSON. That's like 2 minutes from my front door. I was in traffic starting 2 minutes from my front door!

Anyway, apparently Hideo Kojima, the creator of Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, Metal Gear Solid Acid, etc. etc. is in the middle of creating Metal Gear Solid 4. After a very impressive video demonstration at the Tokyo Game Show (I only saw clips but it looked unbelievable), Metal Gear Solid 4 (the first MGS game for the new PS3 platform) has become one of the most anticipated games for 2006. Apparently, Hideo Kojima is keeping a blog on how the game development is coming. I was very excited to hear about this. The Master sharing his thoughts and perhaps sneak peek looks at the upcoming game! Imagine my dismay when I found out (and I can't believe I didn't even think of this beforehand) that Kojima's blog is in Japanese!! (Once again, I can't believe this thought didn't even cross my mind. The man is JAPANESE developing a game in JAPAN! What the hell was I expecting??) I tried running the webpage through Google's translate a page feature and was... even more confused. I can only imagine how idiomatically heavy the Japanese language is. Here's an example of a translated sentance:

"Dawn of Kojima group, as for time of the development fifth section which is the predecessor they were the little number of people 10."

Reading into the context, I think what Kojima's meaning is that when the Kojima Group (the group of developers working on Hideo Kojima projects) started, it only had 10 people. I don't know what the "fifth section" means but I think that's roughly what he's trying to say. Anyway, my hopes of learning more about Kojima and MGS4 have been dashed. But, if you read Japanese or wanna try it yourself, here's the link:

http://www.konami.jp/hideoblog/

Also, there's this:
http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/cellphones/cellphone-booth-the-cursers-paradise-127938.php

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, it's a good idea. Isolation booths with cell phones let people talk on the cell phone as if it's a regular phone, with a normal voice and have a normal conversation without bugging the people around them. On the other hand, it just kinda feels like we're moving backwards, doesn't it?

Ok, that's it for now. Hopefully I'll have time later to make another post about happier times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home