Rumble, young man, rumble

May 25, 1965. Muhammed Ali vs. Sonny Liston. One round. One punch. Knock-out. Float, Sting, Rumble

Name:
Location: Santa Cruz, California, United States

What can I say? I graduated from UC Santa Cruz (rather reluctantly. I really want to go back) with a bachlor's in Literature.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Geeking out

Fifteen Geek Movies to see before you die

Fun article. In case you don't wanna actually click and read, the list he made is:
Brazil, Matrix, Fifth Element, Star Trek II, Star Trek IV, Serenity, Dark City, 12 Monkeys, Shaun of the Dead, Darkman, Army of Darkness, War Games, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Office Space, Repo Man.

I wanted to post some ideas about the list. I generally agree with it, although I've never seen Brazil (I've been wanting to see it a long time now... but I don't actually rent movies any more because... I guess cuz I'm lazy so I haven't had an opportunity to watch it), 12 Monkeys (Same deal as Brazil), War Games (I KNOW! I've seen part of it. I'll see it, damn it. Shut up.), and Repo Man (I totally missed the bandwagon on this Emilio Estevez film. Maybe it was a 90s thing... like New Kids on the Block) so I probably have some work to do before I die.

Some movies that probably should be in that list too:

Tron - What a great movie. A dude goes INSIDE A COMPUTER!! and has an action-adventure with racing bikes, playing EXTREME DEATH FRISBEE, and breaking the mainframe. What a great movie.

Sneakers - The best hackers movie ever. Which is funny because the whole Sneakers team is over thirty (except River Phoenix) in the film, with Robert Redford pushing mid 50's. Definitely not realistic in that sense. But still a great movie with good acting (SEE? That's what happens when you get skilled older ppl in a hackers movie. GOOD ACTING!) and a good plot with great moments.

Back to the Future - Seriously now. C'mon.

I'd put Lord of the Rings... but I think everybody's seen it. Just for good measure tho: Lord of the Rings.

Same with Star Wars

Goonies - GOONIES NEVER SAY DIE!

Ghostbusters - Seriously. C'mon now.

Ok, my mind's empty and I'm tired of this post now... as you can probably see from the lack of enthusiasm from the later movie comments. I click publish and I'm finished with this! Begone! =P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home