Rumble, young man, rumble

May 25, 1965. Muhammed Ali vs. Sonny Liston. One round. One punch. Knock-out. Float, Sting, Rumble

Name:
Location: Santa Cruz, California, United States

What can I say? I graduated from UC Santa Cruz (rather reluctantly. I really want to go back) with a bachlor's in Literature.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Sup

Hi all. Still in Taiwan. Just got back from Hua Lien yesterday. It's kinda in Central Taiwan (Taipei's in Northern Taiwan). My uncle works there. He was transferred there 2 years ago (he works for the government) and has been living there on the weekday (he still comes back to Taipei on the weekends. It's about a 3 hour train ride). Anyway, we went to Hua Lien 2 days ago and spent the night in a hotel there and came back to Taipei last night. It's pretty beautiful in some of the more scenic areas. It's kind of like a little beach town, reminds me a bit of Santa Cruz.

Anyway, we saw the Chiang-Kai Shek Memorial today. It's huge. And, thanks to the patriotic propaganda of the memorial and an opera house next door, I've had Les Mis stuck in my head.

"Do you hear the people sing, / Singing the song of angry men? / It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again!"

Hm... aside from that, not too much. I'm looking forward to the New Year this weekend. Should be fun. I'll be sure to take pictures and stuff. So, for now, that's it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home