Rumble, young man, rumble

May 25, 1965. Muhammed Ali vs. Sonny Liston. One round. One punch. Knock-out. Float, Sting, Rumble

Name:
Location: Santa Cruz, California, United States

What can I say? I graduated from UC Santa Cruz (rather reluctantly. I really want to go back) with a bachlor's in Literature.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Greetings from Beantown!

[I posted the same post in MySpace. So if you happen to glance at both, they say the same things. One day, I'll be not-too-lazy enough to make 2 individual posts. Until then, that's the way it is.]

Hi all!!

So it's my first post in Boston. It took awhile to get to this post because of questionable living conditions. However, today I bought a real honest-to-God bed! So that means WAY more comfortable sleeping arrangements.

So, to keep ppl up to date about what's been going on. I've been in Boston for about a week and a half now. It's been a fun week and a half for the most part. I have to say, I didn't believe Mike when I was planning on coming. He told me repeatedly that his apartment was SMALL but I had no idea until me and Erin showed up. Cramming 3 ppl into what was essentially 1 bedroom was ridiculous. So much so that I had to sleep in the makeshift hall that seperated the kitchen space from the bedroom space. (The only good thing about the apartment was that it was literally across the street from Fenway.)

So it's been a week. What's changed? Well, we moved into a 2 bedroom loft out of Kenmore square and into the South End of Boston (not to be confused with South Boston). It's an amazing place with.... yes! My OWN ROOM!!! I'm temporarily working at PSG, a staffing company. Not that I'm working in the staffing company. Rather, I'm working as a temp. I go into one-day or one-week jobs. They're looking for a more permanent position (right now, there's a thing that's being looked at for Emerson College that they're putting my resume into) but for the time being, I have a thing tomorrow to go to for 5 hours.

So that's that, so far. A week and a half and I have a new apartment, a job, and a new bed. All in all, I'm quite proud of how fast this transition's been. Nothing but good things in the near future, I'm sure. =P *knock on wood*

Anyway, I'll post pictures somewhere when I get around to it. (And when the Comcast guy comes next week and we can stop ape-ing off of unsecured networks nearby.) 'Til then, peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home