Rumble, young man, rumble

May 25, 1965. Muhammed Ali vs. Sonny Liston. One round. One punch. Knock-out. Float, Sting, Rumble

Name:
Location: Santa Cruz, California, United States

What can I say? I graduated from UC Santa Cruz (rather reluctantly. I really want to go back) with a bachlor's in Literature.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Single's Awareness Day

It's Single's Awareness Day (or Valentine's Day for you... punks out there). It's a strangely ambivalent (meaning of 2 differing thoughts or opinions and unable to decide on one. Not meaning without any opinion or feeling, which is what a lot of people assume) day for people, me included. I'm sad, which is actually the norm for V-Day, but the appreciation for Single's Awareness Day (or Anti-Valentine's for those who are not as clever) is filling me to the brim. I'm always happy to see such a large Anti-Valentine's following. Perhaps one day those who celebrate Single's Awareness Day will overtake those who celebrate Valentine's. I'm both happy and sad.

Ironically, it's snowing on SAD in Boston. Most people would consider that oddly appropriate but, and I think I posted this before, I find the snow very romantic. More ambivalence! Yep. It's really pretty and powder-sugary-white. Very peaceful. Well, very peaceful at 8:55 am.

I had weird pains in my mouth and face last night when I was trying to sleep. Every time I laid down, I had pains but every time I sat up, nothing. I think it must've been psychosomatic (meaning all in my head) so I think I've inadvertently developed strange alarm signals in my brain for when I'm going to sleep. Like I'm subconsciously saying "NO SLEEP! WORK TO BE DONE!" .... I need to stop working for awhile. Starting.... Friday. Because today... there's work to be done.

Happy SAD day everybody! (ok, it's redundant to say "SAD day" but I like the phrase "Happy Sad Day." It reflects my ambivalence about the day.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home