Rumble, young man, rumble

May 25, 1965. Muhammed Ali vs. Sonny Liston. One round. One punch. Knock-out. Float, Sting, Rumble

Name:
Location: Santa Cruz, California, United States

What can I say? I graduated from UC Santa Cruz (rather reluctantly. I really want to go back) with a bachlor's in Literature.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Yay! I graduated!

Yay! I gradu-ma-cated! =D

Ok, to be honest, I'm pretty sure I had graduated already when I woke up on that Saturday morning many months ago, got dressed, put on a polyester gown, walked down with a whole shitload of people to the bleachers, spoke for 7 minutes, listened for 2 hours, walked across the stage, and got that rolled up piece of paper. HOWEVER, I was apprehensive... you know, just in case... But, yesterday, in the mail, I got my diploma. (Took its sweet time getting here. It's DECEMBER! Sheesh. Ok, the reason's probably because we moved and so the post office did some switcheroo with the mailing addresses which takes like an extra month and a half for any of our mail to get to us. Still...)

Yay! *Happy Dance*

I'm quite excited. This diploma thingie is my proof that I actually graduated. (I never checked my grades for the final quarter.) I'm gonna frame this sucker and then frame all those rejection letters I got from other schools and hang them right next to it! (I just found them last week while cleaning out our old house.) Up yours, SJSU!! (Long story but suffice it to say, I got accepted into UCSC but rejected from SJSU. Go figure.) So *glee*.

As an aside, how weird is it that I have Arnold Schwarze-whats-its-face's signature on my diploma? It feels kinda like I went to a Terminator 4 preview, saw him, but didn't have a piece of paper on me so he signed my mail. And, if I take it to Boston, will people laugh when they see his signature on my diploma? The Goven-ator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home