Rumble, young man, rumble

May 25, 1965. Muhammed Ali vs. Sonny Liston. One round. One punch. Knock-out. Float, Sting, Rumble

Name:
Location: Santa Cruz, California, United States

What can I say? I graduated from UC Santa Cruz (rather reluctantly. I really want to go back) with a bachlor's in Literature.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Thinking about UCSC

I think one of the things I really missed about college was the school pride. Almost everybody I met at UCSC was really happy to be there for whatever reason. From all walks of life, everybody bonded about stuff and everybody got absorbed by whatever was around them. I've never met so many people so happy to be called banana slugs! =D People usually indulged in some sort of school pride, whether it be pride in their major (Go Lit!), pride in their college (Go Cowell!), or pride in their house (Go Beard! [sorry, Beardian for life]), people were just genuinely happy to be at UCSC. I miss that sense of pride, that camraderie.

Wish I had that pride for where I work. Too bad I don't.

11 days until I quit! Woo-hoo!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Its Anna again. Thanks for responding:) I hope you have a kick ass Holiday season and keep the comments coming, Its always nice to get criticism. I too have been bitten by the sentimental bug (read my recent journal entry).

"We have to remember that although the forces that guide our everyday life feel homogenous and totalizing, it is only in studying such entities that we can understand 'difference' (the ins and outs of structure or the upside and downside of it)-- (pg.6 Postmodernism or Cultural Logic of Late Capitalism by Jameson)

Once again, have a fabulous holiday season.

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home