Rumble, young man, rumble

May 25, 1965. Muhammed Ali vs. Sonny Liston. One round. One punch. Knock-out. Float, Sting, Rumble

Name:
Location: Santa Cruz, California, United States

What can I say? I graduated from UC Santa Cruz (rather reluctantly. I really want to go back) with a bachlor's in Literature.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Ok, I know I'm dwelling...

Ok, I'm dwelling. I admit it. I can't let this one go just yet.

Concerning the wiretaps, Gen. Michael Hayden, head of the NSA, said "I can say unequivocally we have got information through this program that would not otherwise have been available." President Bush said "To save American lives, we must be able to act fast and to detect these conversations so we can prevent new attacks." Ok, granted, it probably stopped some attacks. You know what else could probably stop attacks? Internment camps for Arab-Americans. Random security checks for anybody whose name translates into "Son-of-the-Prophet." Banning Mosques in major cities. Deputizing local militia. Training Bush Youth camps for the next generation of NSA/National Guard soldiers. These are civil liberties that are being violated through the unauthorized communication invasion that the NSA has been implementing. Does the president realize this? "It has been effective in disrupting the enemy while safeguarding our civil liberties." Hm... looks like he doesn't. Maybe he needs a civics lesson.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Spoken by Benjamin Franklin, stolen from The West Wing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home