Rumble, young man, rumble

May 25, 1965. Muhammed Ali vs. Sonny Liston. One round. One punch. Knock-out. Float, Sting, Rumble

Name:
Location: Santa Cruz, California, United States

What can I say? I graduated from UC Santa Cruz (rather reluctantly. I really want to go back) with a bachlor's in Literature.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Day's ending quickly. But still not quick enough.

Unleashed released on DVD.
What can I say about Unleashed? I first heard of this film when it was being pushed as Danny The Dog in France, and making a huge splash hitting the international scene. Luc Besson and Jet Li? Unstoppable. Bob Hoskins and Morgan Freeman? Tour de Force. All 4 of them together? Well, it was an odd mix, to be sure. Two of the best character actors ever with two of the best action icons ever (ok, a lot of people are going to disagree with me on that. Rest assured, I disagree with myself. Anthony Hopkins blows Bob Hoskins outta the water and Jackie Chan gives Jet Li a serious run for his money. Still, it's not too shabby) is bound to be questionable on paper. However, I was extremely anxious to finally see this movie. The plot intrigued me and the actors made me happy. I was not disappointed. I'm really looking forward to buying this DVD today. Hands down, this is the best Jet Li movie that he's made outside of China. (Speaking of which, watch Hero if you haven't already. Great movie.)

In other news:
http://www.cspinet.org/nah/10foods_bad.html
Interesting. I never thought that Quaker 100% Natural Oats and Honey Granola would be number 1 on the list of foods you shouldn't eat. I also never thought that Burger King fries were the worst. Interesting read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home