Rumble, young man, rumble

May 25, 1965. Muhammed Ali vs. Sonny Liston. One round. One punch. Knock-out. Float, Sting, Rumble

Name:
Location: Santa Cruz, California, United States

What can I say? I graduated from UC Santa Cruz (rather reluctantly. I really want to go back) with a bachlor's in Literature.

Friday, October 07, 2005

Television Good. MTV Bad.

While ambivalent about television, Ed Murrow still considered the medium extremely powerful.
He said, "This instrument can teach, it can illuminate; yes, and it can even inspire, but it can do so only to the extent that humans are determined to use it to those ends. Otherwise it is merely wires and lights in a box."

I believe in quality television. I believe in good television. I believe that MTV is crap. Watch television. Don't watch crap. (Ok, I admittedly like Pimp My Ride. I dunno why. I think just cuz it's ridiculous what they do to cars.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home