Rumble, young man, rumble

May 25, 1965. Muhammed Ali vs. Sonny Liston. One round. One punch. Knock-out. Float, Sting, Rumble

Name:
Location: Santa Cruz, California, United States

What can I say? I graduated from UC Santa Cruz (rather reluctantly. I really want to go back) with a bachlor's in Literature.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Traffic and Leon Redbone

Traffic sucks. I dunno how much it sucks but it sucks like... well, like NOTHING HAS EVER SUCKED BEFORE. I don't understand how people drive sometimes. Like today, I was behind this guy and we both needed to get into the lane to our right. Now, this was on Lawrence, so the speed limit's like 50, reasonable driving speeds anything under 60. This guy was going 40 (that's 10 under the speed limit). That means, I was going 40. The lane to the right of us, the lead car was going... 40 TOO! and THERE WAS NOBODY AHEAD OF EITHER CAR. BUT, instead of speeding up to pass the guy, the car in front of me SLOWED DOWN to get behind the guy, despite the fact that there were a mess of cars behind both cars. SIGH... traffic sucks.

Also, on the way here, 880 was clogged up rather fierce. So, in the midst of going 20 mph, I was listening to Leon Redbone's Shine on Harvest Moon over and over again because I really wanted to hear the lyrics. If you've ever heard a Leon Redbone song, you know his deep scratchy voice and his mumbling kinda makes it hard to hear the actual lyrics to a song. After hearing the song 5 times on repeat (I think I finally understood the lyrics. I looked it up online when I got to work because it was still stuck in my head) I came to realize it's a really good song. So, listen to it. (I'd say download it but that's not kosher. So... buy it from iTunes?)

That's it for this morning. I'll write more later when I get a chance to settle into the cubicle...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home