Rumble, young man, rumble

May 25, 1965. Muhammed Ali vs. Sonny Liston. One round. One punch. Knock-out. Float, Sting, Rumble

Name:
Location: Santa Cruz, California, United States

What can I say? I graduated from UC Santa Cruz (rather reluctantly. I really want to go back) with a bachlor's in Literature.

Friday, May 04, 2007

Updates all around

First tho, update on "Jim" from the previous post. So, Jim's girlfriend called Jim's guardian in New Jersey when she got really worried about him. She was told by the guardian that this has actually happened before. Apparently 6 years ago, in Jersey, Jim had a freak-out and took off. They found him a week later when he calmed down enough to call in and tell them he was alright. Turns out he freaked out and drove away... to LOS ANGELES!! Yep, last freak-out caused a 3000 mile exodus. Crazy.

I saw Spider-man 3 last night at the midnight showing at Regal's Fenway Theater. It was pretty sweet. If you're expecting an excellent movie, you won't be disappointed. Bear in mind, however, that Raimi maintains the same feel of the previous two movies. The dialogue dips back and forth from the dramatic to the melodramatic, a few times apparent enough for you to think "hm... that's unsually cheesy." Plus, nobody cheeses it up more than Tobey and Kirsten and they've been doing it for 2 movies now so they're starting to do it more than they probably should. That being said, the story's interesting and Thomas Hayden Church and James Franco are both really good. Topher Grace is pretty good too but his playfulness in the role is akin to Colin Farrell's as Bullseye in the Daredevil movie. It works for the character but you can't actually say it's quality acting. I'd recommend you go see it, especially if you liked the first two movies. If you HATED the first two movies, skip it. It's more of the same.

Hopefully if you watch it in the theater, there isn't an asshole behind you kicking your chair and his two bitch friends who're talking through the whole movie. Fuckers.

Work's busy. Yep. That's it for now, I suppose. I have some cool news but I'm still deciding if I should stick it in my blogosphere (I'd call it THE blogosphere but that'd imply the actual gigantic blogosphere and I don't think I merit a mention in THE blogosphere). ANYhoo, I'll catch ya later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home