Rumble, young man, rumble

May 25, 1965. Muhammed Ali vs. Sonny Liston. One round. One punch. Knock-out. Float, Sting, Rumble

Name:
Location: Santa Cruz, California, United States

What can I say? I graduated from UC Santa Cruz (rather reluctantly. I really want to go back) with a bachlor's in Literature.

Friday, October 14, 2005

Brains!!! Yum.... =)

Ok, another hour shot. Anyway, CNN.com's touting the headline of rising consumer prices after a recorded jump of 1.2 percent, the highest in 25 years. Crazy. I agree with the Labor Department. This is 90% the fault of rising gas prices. Every store, no matter what they sell or what they produce, has had to raise prices to compensate for the rising freight charges of carting material around the country. This goes for food, consumer goods, even services. If gas prices really take a staggering hit (RE: $4 / gallon) then we're screwed. There's no two ways about it. Maybe we could use some federal relief (AHEM... Bush.... AHEM). Or maybe we can just sit and spin.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/Careers/10/14/brain.power/index.html
Hey, this is a good article. Some tips on how not to let work kill you. That's what I need. *scanning list* Wow.
"Sometimes those mistakes are tragic. Government investigations of human error in the space shuttle Challenger explosion and Exxon Valdez oil spill cited sleep deprivation as a "direct cause" of those accidents."
I didn't know that. I think Challenger was the result of the o-rings failing but I have no idea about the Exxon Valdez. Crazy. I guess I need to get some more sleep. Thank God people don't die if I screw up at work. (At least I'm pretty sure they don't.)

Ok, that's it for now. Eyes to the stars, people, eyes to the stars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home