Rumble, young man, rumble

May 25, 1965. Muhammed Ali vs. Sonny Liston. One round. One punch. Knock-out. Float, Sting, Rumble

Name:
Location: Santa Cruz, California, United States

What can I say? I graduated from UC Santa Cruz (rather reluctantly. I really want to go back) with a bachlor's in Literature.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Another Sunday

Thanks to Fry's and their DVD sale, I bought Lois and Clark season 1. This show's a lot better than I remember. I remember when the show first came on. I just remember the special effects. After watching it again, the dialogue's really good. I completely forgot about the "Moonlighting"-esque relationship that Lois and Clark had. Also, the portrayal of Lex Luthor always bothered me when I was a kid. I was used to the John Byrne era Lex where he was a big businessman who was evil for evil's sake. The John Shea Lex in Lois and Clark was too.... debonair, too suave. However, after reading more modern interpretations of Superman where the confidence of Lex was transcribed into a certain charm, and especially after Smallville's Michael Rosenbaum's Lex, the John Shea Lex is a really good interpretation. (Gah! Watching it now and they've made their first major boo-boo in continuity. Sam Lane, Lois's father, was a general, not an athletic surgeon. Other than that, the continuity in the show's been dead on.)

I had a passing thought though. If you're stopped by Superman and you fire your gun at him, can that be construed as attempted murder? I mean, if you fired your gun at anybody else, it's attempted murder. However, if you fire your gun at Superman, he's not going to die from it. It's like if you threw a marshmellow at someone, it's possible that they may die from it but it's highly unlikely and chances are you couldn't possibly be charged with attempted murder. So, is firing a loaded weapon at Superman attempted murder?

NY Times has an article about Life Hackers. The link needs a free subscription to be read. Life hacking's starting to come into its own. Awesome. Life hacking's offered some interesting alternatives to the rustle hustle life of stupid office life, clicking away in a cubicle. Slacker Manager's got an awesome list of links that sites that each offer really good life hacking possible solutions.

http://engadget.com/entry/1234000413063512/
New DS for Mario Kart. It looks cool but I'm really looking forward to Mario Kart DS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home