Rumble, young man, rumble

May 25, 1965. Muhammed Ali vs. Sonny Liston. One round. One punch. Knock-out. Float, Sting, Rumble

Name:
Location: Santa Cruz, California, United States

What can I say? I graduated from UC Santa Cruz (rather reluctantly. I really want to go back) with a bachlor's in Literature.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

What's the point? Exactly

Amanda sent this link to me.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1541732.html

It's a GIANT PINK BUNNY! My first thought was "What's the point?" After all, it's... well... a GIANT PINK BUNNY. Then I realized that the point was, in part, that it didn't have a point. It was, after all, simply a huge plush doll (20 foot sides? wow...). In the truest representation of post-modernism, this is merely art for art's sake. At its size, this is art for art's sake that you can't miss. If for nothing else, this bunny can be appreciated as a wonder of what human beings can accomplish. We have discovered and broken the laws of the universe. We have swam the deepest deeps and soared the highest highs. This is why I love science fiction. It's an examination of the imagination. This bunny is that. So, challenge the world that we live in. Build 20 foot tall stuffed bunnies. What else are you going to do with all the pink fabric?

Thanks for the story, Amanda. The picture alone was amazing. =D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home